- 2/3 cup (155g) caster sugar
- 115g butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (125g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 12 plums, pitted and halved
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons caster sugar, for sprinkling
Preparation:15min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Beat sugar and butter until fluffy with electric mixer.
- Mix flour and baking powder then sift into creamed mixture.
- Beat in eggs and salt. Mix everything well.
- Pour batter into a greased 26cm round springform tin and smooth out.
- Top with the plums (cut side up) and sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven on lowest shelf for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature or serve warm.